Come with your scout troop to ACM for a day of fun and friendly competition!
All events include
- Complimentary Museum admission for scout leaders to check out the track at least 2 weeks prior to a scheduled pinewood derby competition. During this time, an education staff member will explain the track’s timing software and finalize details for the event’s layout and logistics.
- Complimentary set-up for the following before the event:
- Track extension, if requested
- Stanchions surrounding track
- Row seating for spectators
- Registration and weigh-in table(s) with scale and laptop (with timing software)
- Projector and screen to display race results
- Covered display table(s) for awards, and trophies
- Covered “pit area” table(s)
- Optional table(s) for food/beverages
- Museum admission for participants during regular Museum hours, 10 am – 5 pm, on the day of the event.
- ACM staff and volunteers available during event to help with greeting guests and facilitating race.
For events in the Family Zone and Education Studio:
- Maximum of 75 participants (scouts and family members)
- A deposit of $50 is required at time of reservation.
- Race must occur either before Museum hours from 8 – 10 am or after Museum hours from 5 – 7 pm. (Participants can enjoy Museum galleries either after morning races or before evening races.)
For events in the Banquet Room:
- Maximum of 200 participants (scouts and family members)
- A deposit of $150 is required at time of reservation.
Any cancellations received less than two weeks prior to the event will forfeit the entire deposit.
Reservations must be made at least 4 weeks in advance.
Contact: Education Department – email@example.com | 253.683.3978