This event is open to the public.
Guest Speaker: Lisa Chissus, President/CEO of Flex-a-Lite Corporation
Lisa Chissus is the president of Flex-a-lite Consolidated located in Fife, Washington. Chissus is the 3rd generation to run Flex-a-lite Consolidated which manufacturers high performance automotive cooling fans, radiators, engine and transmission oil coolers for the performance aftermarket.
Chissus has been named Executive of the Year 2014, Person of the Year in the Performance Automotive Aftermarket 2001 as well as Top 40 Under 40 in the South Puget Sound in 2004. Chissus is an automotive enthusiast and enjoys going off road with her Jeep TJ; the power of her 2010 Camaro and the nostalgia of her all original 1947 Chevy. Chissus is a concourse member of America’s Car Museum, a graduate of the University of Puget Sound Business Leadership Program and currently resides in Pierce County with her husband and two children.
Subjects to be presented
- Intro to basic car operations (basic engine and system overview)
- Overview of different engine placement and drive wheel configurations (F vs R, 2WD vs 4WD vs AWD)
- Overview of different types of cars (Muscle, Street Rod, Sports Car, etc)
- Overview of “car glossary” (different terms and phrases)
- How to’s:
- Identify and use tools
- Oil check
- Tire pressure check
- Jack up car and change tire
- Coolant check
- Washer fluid check
- Wiper replacement
- Fuse check and replacement
- How to diagnose issues, explain problems and NOT get taken advantage of by unscrupulous service shops
- How to buy and sell car without getting taken advantage of by sales persons
- Lunch and Q&A (Lunch included with registration fee)