- This event has passed.
Tacoma Museum District STEAM Summer Camp
July 8, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:00 am, repeating until July 12, 2019
Explore science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) in the Tacoma Museum District! Campers will build, experiment and create at America’s Car Museum, the Tacoma Art Museum, the Museum of Glass, Foss Waterway Seaport, and start and end each day at the Washington State History Museum. Find out how architects design museums. Learn how exhibits are created and displayed. Make your own museum model to take home, inspired by a day at each museum. For students entering grades 4 – 6.
$275 ACM Member | $295 Non-Member
Register on the Tacoma Art Museum’s website. ACM Members receive a member discount; select the “member” rate when you register. Limited scholarships are also available. Note: This camp is limited to 15 students.
- 8 – 9am: Pre-camp care at Washington State History Museum (WSHM)
- 9 – 9:30am: Greeting and check in at WSHM
- 9:30 – 10am: Travel to other museums or activities
- 10am – 12pm: Architecture and design work with teaching artist and architects
- American Institute of Architects Facilitation, at least one architect will join the camp to help facilitate the day’s activity.
- Teaching Artist: Cheyenne Shea Gillett, a teacher at Harrison Prep’s International Baccalaureate program in Lakewood, will lead this “build your own museum” camp.
- 12 – 1pm: Lunch
- 1 – 3:30pm: Programming by host museum
- Monday, July 8 – America’s Car Museum
- Tuesday, July 9 – Foss Waterway Seaport Museum
- Wednesday, July 10 – Tacoma Art Museum
- Thursday, July 11 – Museum of Glass
- Friday, July 12 – Washington State History Museum
- 3:30 – 4pm: Travel back to WSHM
- 4 – 5:30pm: After-care at WSHM